With the rollout of the drive-in station, Real is creating an additional distribution channel to its roughly 320 hypermarkets and the Real online shop launched in May 2010. With this concept, Real offers a time-saving alternative to conventional shopping for those customers who exactly know what they want. The customers choose from an assortment of around 5,000 articles and place their order online at www.real-drive.de
. Already two hours later the purchases are ready for collection. Shopping at the Real Drive is thus first and foremost one thing: time-saving. The entire collection and payment process only takes about five minutes.
The drive-in stations are not competing with the Real hypermarkets but supplement them mainly in those situations where a customer has little time for shopping. For each purchase a service fee of only one euro will be charged. For the rest, the prices are the same as those in the Real stores. Customers can rely on the fact that the products at the Real Drive do not cost one single cent more than those offered at any other Real hypermarket.
How does shopping at Real Drive In work?
1. Once all articles have been selected, they complete the order process and receive a collection voucher indicating the order number by email.
2. Customers then have the option to save their order as a basis for future order transactions. This will accelerate future orders and save time as well.
3. Once the purchase order has been received at the Drive store an employee will pick the order for the planned collection date.
4. For collection of his order the customer drives to the terminal of the Real Drive and enters the order number or scans the collection voucher.
5. He will then be assigned a roofed parking box where an employee will hand over the goods or load them directly into the car if so instructed.
6. The purchase can be paid in cash, by direct debiting or by credit card. Just like at a traditional Real hypermarket it will be possible to collect Payback and bonus points. cbi:///cms/64891